Thursday, January 23, 2014

My "first" REAL quilt ... part 3

When I last left you, I had just finished making the quilt top of my first "real" quilt.  You can read all about that adventure HERE
It's a football playoff weekend, and I need something to keep my hands busy while watching all the games.  So, this morning I headed out to Michael's craft store and picked up some things that I have been told will help me when quilting.

First, I picked up a bottle of Scotch Spray Adhesive. 
I'll admit, I was nervous to spray this on the fabirc... what if the colors bled? What if it stained my creation... what if? what if? what if? UGH... suck it up, Jamie - just spray it!

And so I did....

First I cut the batting I used to be a bit bigger than my quilt topper.  I sprayed the adhesive on the batting and then quickly laid the topper on the "aggressively tacky" (LOL that instructions on the can ACTUALLY say that!!!) surface and smoothed everything out.
Then I ironed the backing, sprayed the adhesive, and laid the now two-piece topper on top of the backing, smoothed, etc...  
And now to the hard part!
 So I started doing what I consider 'quilting"
 
If you look (not so closely) you can see that this is NOT real quilting.... and I'm not exactly sure what this whole "rock the needle" thing means.... but I'm going to find out on Saturday when I see Charlene, THE QUEEN of QUILTING! 
Anyhoo.... for now, I have this hoop on my quilt with 'non-quilted", yet "quilted" parts..... <sigh>

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I'm not a hand quilter, you have my admiration. My hand quilting is atrocious! :P Can't wait to see your progress.

    Tracy
    Stitching and Sentiments

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!